Utilize a Moving Checklist While You Plan Your Move.
A moving checklist is a great way to ensure a smooth move! A moving checklist that contains a written reminder of every task that needs to be completed before the move can be particularly helpful for staying organized. There are many steps to carry out, like the preparation, packing, relocating and unpacking. It’s no easy task.
A good moving checklist should include:
- Action items related to the move itself: hiring movers, acquiring moving boxes and packing materials
- Action items related to the new home: turning on utilities, getting the new home cleaned, painted or re-keyed
- Action items related to packing
- A list of what you may need to buy for the new home
- Action items related to the house you’re leaving: such as cleaning, small household repairs, making keys for new owners, etc.
It may also be helpful to inventory all of your belongings, starting with the big furniture items. This will help professional movers prepare an accurate quote and give them a better idea of all they’ll need to bring to get your furniture out of your home and onto the truck.
Start As Early As Possible
One of the silver linings of a move, particularly if you are moving after selling and buying a new home, is that you rarely have to move at a moment’s notice. Since the home buying process can take 60 – 90 days, this leaves ample time to get organized and prepare. Moving can be one of the most stressful experiences, but one of the primary ways to alleviate this stress is to start as early as possible and not wait until the last second.
Use The Right Size Boxes
If you want to save money, it’s easy to cut costs by reusing cardboard boxes from friends and neighbors. Savvy packers (or people who have moved a lot in one lifetime) know that it isn’t a good idea to throw multiple items into the nearest box, but that the properly sized one for what you’re packing makes all the difference, for example:
- Wardrobe boxes can make moving lots of clothes on hangers a breeze.
- Heavier items can be packed in multiple, smaller
- Smaller, lighter items such as linens or kitchen utensils can be packed in large boxes and moved with ease.
YOUR DELAWARE COUNTY MOVERS
At B&K Movers in Havertown, PA, we appreciate a move can be hard on everyone! We love our clients and want to ensure their move is as stress-free as possible. And we take pride in making sure we help to protect what you collect. Please look for more tips in our next blog! At B & K Movers, we treat your possessions as if they are Our own! Additionally, We are insured and experienced and appreciate your business. So if you are planning to move, please give us a call! Visit our website for more tips and information. And please follow / like us on FaceBook and Instagram!