Unpacking Tips to Help You Get Settled
Unpacking can be a daunting task. However, it can also be fun and exciting! Here are some tips to make unpacking easier and less stressful!
You’ve finally arrived, but there’s still more to be done. Here’s how to stop procrastinating and speed up the unpacking process.
- Start with the kitchen. Getting the kitchen done first will give you a great sense of accomplishment right off the bat and allow you to focus on the easier-to-unpack rooms.
- Give yourself a deadline. Schedule a housewarming party or a more casual get-together for a few weeks after your move. This will give you a deadline for having all of your unpacking done.
- Give yourself no choice. Feeling a bit sadistic? Dump out a box worth of stuff onto your bed or in your bathtub. Now you have no choice but to clear it all out and put everything away.
- Get rid of boxes as you empty them. As soon as a box is emptied of all its items, break it down and recycle it. This will give you a physical marker of progress and clear up much-needed space in your new home.
- Put on some tunes. Music makes everything better. Skip the TV. It will just be a distraction. Put on some good tunes to entertain yourself while unpacking and provide a much-needed distraction from the monotony.
- Do a little bit at a time. Don’t stress yourself out trying to get every single box unpacked right away. Get the major things done. Focus on doing what you can as you can. Take a break in between unpacking sessions to do something fun. Devoting just ten or fifteen minutes at a time to unpacking is sufficient. It will all get done eventually.
- Have a food plan. Let’s get real here: you’re not going to cook while also settling in and unpacking. Give yourself the gift of guilt-free takeout so you can focus more on everything else that needs to get done. Try a new place you’ve always wanted to try or indulge in your favorite dishes. Make it fun.
Moving hacks are all about making things just a bit easier on yourself. Follow the ones above, and you’ll see that maybe your move isn’t quite as bad as you expected it to be.
We are hiring!
At B & K Movers, we treat your possessions as if they are Our own! Additionally, We are insured and experienced and appreciate your business. So if you are planning to move, please give us a call! Visit our website for more tips and information. And please follow / like us on FaceBook and Instagram!
source: moving dot com