Helpful tips to help you declutter and purge
Before you move, it is a great idea to declutter and purge unused items from your home. Start by asking yourself if you use the items anymore. Sentimentality takes up space. Less items to pack ensures an easier move and a more organized ne space. Below are some handy decluttering tips!
- Start with 5 minutes at a time.
If you’re new to decluttering, you can slowly build momentum with just five minutes a day. It will really make a huge dent!
Give one item away each day.
Or list them for sale on FB Marketplace or ebay, etc. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
Fill an entire trash bag. Get a trash bag and fill it as fast as you can with things you can donate at Goodwill.
- Donate clothes you never wear. To identify them, simply hang all your clothes with hangers in the reverse direction. After wearing an item, face the hanger in the correct direction. Discard the clothes you never touched after a few months.
- View your home as a first-time visitor. It’s easy to “forget” what your home looks like to a new visitor. Enter your home as if you’re visiting the home of a friend. Can you see the mess?
- Take before and after photos of a small area. Choose one part of your home, like your kitchen counter, and take a photo of a small area. Quickly clean off the items in the photo and take an after photo. Once you see how your home could look, it becomes easier to start decluttering more of your home.
- Get help from a friend. Have a friend or family member go through your home and suggest a handful of big items to throw away or give to someone else.
YOUR DELAWARE COUNTY MOVERS
We hope you found these tips useful! Please look for more in our next blog! At B & K Movers, we treat your possessions as if they are Our own! Additionally, We are insured and experienced and appreciate your business. So if you are planning to move, please give us a call! Visit our website for more tips and information. And please follow / like us on FaceBook and Instagram!
We are hiring!B & K Movers is hiring for laborers and drivers!Job Requirements:-Must be able to meet daily at the lot off of Oak Lane in Clifton Heights-Able to lift/carry large and heavy furniture/equipment-Driver:-Clean driving record-Pass a DOT physicalSchedule:-Monday – SaturdayJob Types: Part-time with availability for full time hoursSalary:-$14.00 $20.00 per hour based on experienceTo apply or for more information regarding open positions, please call B&K Moving at 610-446-3140 or email us!